We're a company of pioneers. It's our job to make bold bets, and we get our energy from inventing on behalf of customers. Success is measured against the possible, not the probable. For today’s pioneers, that’s exactly why there’s no place on Earth they’d rather build than Amazon.
When Amazon.com launched in 1995, it was with the mission “to be Earth’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online, and endeavors to offer its customers the lowest possible prices.” This goal continues today, but Amazon’s customers are worldwide now, and have grown to include millions of Consumers, Sellers, Content Creators, and Developers & Enterprises. Each of these groups has different needs, and we always work to meet those needs, innovating new solutions to make things easier, faster, better, and more cost-effective.
Since opening our virtual doors in 1995, Amazon has been pushing the boundaries of possible further and further.
Our entire business works hard to delight our customers – from the second an order is placed online, to the seamless coordination of that order behind the scenes, we strive to stay agile, fluid and intentional. This can be described in one of our core Leadership Principles, which is Bias for Action. This means that our teams’ band together, roll up their sleeves, and are not content with just standing still. We are aiming to become the most customer-centric company on Earth.
As we continue to open up more managerial opportunities, we’re seeking a savvy, motivated Site Controller to join our world-class Fulfilment & Operations network. You’ll function as the trusted finance manager, business partner and advisor, supporting fellow Amazonians to really understand their financial decisions.
We’re working to become the most customer-centric company on Earth: come and teach us a few things about finance, and we’ll teach you few things in return.
Job ID: 1619276 | Amazon Logistik Suelzetal GmbH
In this role you’ll do far more than handling spreadsheets. Our ideal finance manager doesn’t just handle our books and make our ends meet; drive the company forward.
So while one aspect of this role is about understanding our numbers and budgets, equal aspects of the position require the big vision of an highly skilled Finance Manager. You’ll make huge impact, not just on the bottom line performance of your Fulfilment Centre, but on the overall customer experience.
You’ll employ every facet of finance data mining to ensure your partners, colleagues and leaders have the most up to date, reliable information at hand, enabling them make the best possible financial decisions they can.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Managing others, developing exceptional talent, and encouraging your team to challenge assumptions,
- Organising and participating in finance and accounting activities across several locations,
- Implementing policies and programmes that guide Operations towards maintaining and improving its current position and profitability,
- Creating a “learn by doing” environment, by engaging with the on-the-floor associates and managers,
- Partner with your team, by supervising all weekly and monthly financial activities, including forecasting, planning and reporting,
- Degree and solid work experience
- Experience and applied knowledge of Accounting and/or Financial concepts.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English and intermediate german
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- MS Office
- SQL or any large-scale data mining and reporting tools (or willingness to learn)
- Autonomy to innovate and deliver new approaches that impact the operations of the business
- Learn from inspiring and diverse team
- Growth in a fast-pace environment where every day is day one;
- Learn from people with a wide variety of professional backgrounds;
- Ability to develop new skills and opportunities through lateral, geographical or functional moves.
- Flexible working environment